Pages

Saturday 31 July 2010

Awaiting The Golden Shroud

Rose Kemp has a new album coming out real soon entitled The Golden Shroud.

For those unfamiliar with the work of this Witch Queen, I encourage you all to quickly go check out her last album Unholy Majesty. Existing in a dark place where folk, jingly girl rock and Sabbath all collide. I listen to this record and I can imagine Rose as some kind of druid priestess... standing in the middle of a megalithic circle at twilight, arms raised to the darkening sky with stone knife in hand, eyes flashing wildly as she wails like a banshee summoning sensations of both ecstasy and absolute dread. My man Glyn Scrawled did the artwork for Unholy Majesty, another win. Plus she looks a bit like my teenage indie crush Juliana Hatfield, but.... evil. I love you.



Website








No comments:

Post a Comment